Sunday, January 15, 2012

Calling

So on January 8th  I (Nicole) got a calling at church. I am  now one of the two teacher's in the 8 and 9 year old Primary class. I am excited to have got this calling, though I am also really nervous. I am really shy and don't know a lot about the church yet, since I just got baptized last March. I think it will be good though. Jon and I want to get sealed in the Salt Lake Temple this year, but some Sunday's we have a hard time getting the motivation to go to church. We are just so tired from the week and would rather lounge around or go do something together as a family, since out weeks are very busy. We know we need to start going to church on a regular basis and want to, and getting this calling will make us more obligated and motivated to go every week. I will also, get to learn more and more about the church (which is always a good thing)! Jon was sad he didn't get a calling at the same time, but I feel he will be getting one soon.

1 comment:

  1. callings help you learn...and that's a great age. I had that calling, and now I'm supposed to be in nursery, but that's tough with a baby. Maybe the calling is also the way to get your attendance up. I'm excited for you, Nicole. Please let us know when you get sealed or take out your endowments. we would love to be there if you want us.

    ReplyDelete